Spaghetti Bolognese for Your Fit Family.
This is a really easy meal to prep ahead of time and freeze to have during your busy week. My kids have ballet training and boxing training til 7.30 on Tuesday and Thursday Nights so this meal comes in handy for me on these nights. I can have it prepped and ready in their dinner containers to heat and eat at sports training. I do not eat a great deal of meat myself but I will either have the spaghetti mixed through a salad or steamed vegetables without the Bolgnese Sauce.
- 500 grams on lean beef mince
- 500 grams of bacon
- 3 cups of frozen vegetables (of your choice and remember frozen can be as healthy as fresh in this instance)
- Jar of Tomato and Garlic Sauce
- Teaspoon of Beef stock
- 1 can of condensed Tomato soup
- In a sauce pan brown off the mince and the bacon.
- Then add in the 3 cups of vegetables and cook for about 10 mins to cooked through.
- Add in the Beef stock, Tomato and Garlic Sauce and the condensed Tomato Soup.
- Let simmer for 10 mins.
- In a separate sauce pan boil water with a dash of salt and cook the spaghetti (I use Egg noodle Fettuccine because my family like it the best) Prepare to the packets instructions.
- Store the Bolognese Sauce in a freezer container to freeze and I normally cook the pasta when I need it. Pasta does not take long to cook and it is so easy.
Bolognese Sauce is so versatile. You can use it on wraps with salad and or a sauce over steamed vegetables. This is definitely a sauce that you can use many different ways throughout the week for healthy meals.